Sunday, May 31, 2009

Granny Square Exchange & Bookmark Exchange 2009 : Crochet Needle Book

Lately I've been crazy over needlebooks and eversince I saw Paul's black precious needlebook he bought from his trip to Bangkok (Thanks to Paul for the measurements and the photos he took for my reference!) I wanted to make one. So for the granny square exchange, I decided to combine sewing and crochet for this project. Have a look...

I included some stash as required in the exchange. I gave Sabariah buttons, stickers and a beadbox (I noticed she carries her beads in a tupperware - so I thought a cute bead box will be of good use.)


2 bookmarks for the Bookmark Exchange. (Yes, coincidentally Sabariah was my secret partner also!) I went a little crazy here. The tiny granny square is attached with a micro button. I machine stitched the cards on both sides together after winding the embroidery thread around the card. I hope she like it!

One of the bookmarks carry a cute little poem, 'Ode to a bookmark'.

I love working with velvet ribbons. Tried matching everything to nice neutral tones.


The outer fabric is from Ikea. I matched it with some beige canvas I bought from Kamdar.

The ribbon segments for different size crochet hooks.

The side pockets are for scissors and tatting tools!

The granny square crochet band. Not too much granny square but I was experimenting with granny squares and I found this different from your normal pattern. I hope she likes it!

3 comments:

busymum100 said...

Mel,

I love EVERYTHING in the packet!! Thank you *hugs*

I've yet to blog about it because my son has yet to photograph them *sigh* (I'm too lazy/busy to do so, with jetlag still not totally over).

I was planning of making myself a needlebook - you've saved me from that!

Thank you again!!

meplusmolly said...

What a lovely swap!
By the way your shop has some lovely items in it, can't wait to see what fabrics you'll be stocking too! ;0

Classic Mully said...

Have i told you how jealous i am!? :)