Thursday, January 14, 2010

Omigosh! My Big Boy is All Grown Up!!

Nigel looks so grown up in his new school uniform. It's his first 2 weeks in primary school, everything is new to him. The shoes, the books, the bag, the uniform, the singlet (Hahah!), yikes what a fortune to send kids to school these days. I remember my school shoes were only RM11 and food at the canteen started at 20 cents. Now every child has an average of RM3 for pocket money. Anyway, we did go for the orientation a week before school opened. He was acquainted with his school teacher, which incidentally was one of the disciplinary teachers, and the whole school and its facilities. He was nervous but excited at the same time. First day of school was a buzz. There were more parents than students! Sri Sempurna has only 3 standard 1 classes and each class consists of only about 20 students. That's good considering that the public school has around 40 to 45 kids nowadays. With the little amount of kids in 1 class I didn't see the point of rushing in to class very early to book your child's seat in the front. Yes, some parents are real kiasu about having their kids seat in front! The last seat is only 3 rows away, so no biggy for me. Nigel is comfortable in the last row and on the far left. I think it's best since it's 1 less person on the left for him to chat with. He's realy chatty and playful, so the wall is good for him. LOL!

So, I didn't bring my camera and videocams (like some parents did). I was there like a shadow just overlooking and eavesdropping to see my son become a big boy. I believe he's all grown up now. Oh! How I miss my chuppachups baby.

Waking up the first day was easy for him. With all the excitement, he just woke up ready to go. The trolley bag is a must these days. All those books sure are heavy for a 7-to-be year old!

As a simple gesture to say Hi! to the teacher, we gave his class teacher a big red apple with a crocheted sweater.

For Puan Jackie. Written by Nigel. He's got an eye for alignments!

My big boy!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hi,..read yr blog knowing yr boy study at Sri sempurna,..can i know the fees there for primary and secondary. and the school hour is what time start and end,..my kid now 4, i wanna survey the primary school for her, thanks.

Clare said...

Dont the years just flyby, just love the apple what a cute idea.

The Heart of Paul said...

Handsome boy!

And that crochet on the apple is just brilliant lah Mel.